My two favorite things: skillet dishes and rutabagas! I love skillet dishes because they're incredibly easy to make and are great for meal prepping! Plus, they work for any meal and taste great thrown over a mixed greens salad. Rutabagas are the forgotten root veggie in my opinion, they're so delicious and I don't think they're used enough! They are a cross between a cabbage and a turnip and I like to incorporate them into many dishes, especially skillets! But I've also made them into fries which are incredibly delicious as well.
- 1 package 5280 Meat Italian Sausage
- ½ Large rutabaga, diced
- ½ large sweet potato, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 Fuji apple, diced
- 1TSP Sea Salt
- 1TSP Italian Zest Seasoning
- 2TBS Leaf Lard
- 4 Eggs
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Brown sausage in a skillet over medium heat, transfer to bowl and set aside.
- In same pan, melt lard and sauté veggies and apple with sea salt until translucent.
- Add back the sausage and mix until well combined.
- Crack eggs over top of skillet and back for 12-15 minutes or until eggs cooked to desired consistency.
- Top with Italian seasoning.