I talk a lot about meal prep, a key component of the 70/30 plan. I love the quote "By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail" and I truly believe that without a little bit of planning in your diet, you are less likely to succeed in eating healthy. I have put together my essentials for meal planning to help you in your journey!
1. Glasslock Containers: It is super important to have containers handy that will help keep your meals fresh throughout the week! I love these containers because they are the only ones I have found that keep my blended soups from spilling when I take them with me for traveling. Plus, they're BPA free and oven, microwave, and dishwasher safe.
3. Kuhn Knives: I recommend any good knife because it will make your job in the kitchen much easier. I love my Khun knife for the price and how well it has traveled and held up, I definitely recommend! Plus, it comes in patterns..doesn't get much better than that!
4. Avocado Oil: I use this to make my homemade mayo which I use on everything! And is a fantastic base for salads like my Broccoli & Cauliflower Salad featured this month as well as my Carrot, Kale & Raisin Salad.
6. Cutting Board: I highly recommend a good cutting board as they will make your life in the kitchen much easier! Two of my favorites can be found here and here. Plus, how beautiful are these boards? They always add a nice touch sitting out in the kitchen ;)
7. Sea Salt: I always say, anything cooked in a good quality fat seasoned with a good sea salt will make anyone look like a culinary genius! Plus, sea salt is a great way to obtain your daily dose of minerals! Make sure it is real sea salt as iodized and other processed salts can be dangerous for your health.
8. Cooking Fats: Speaking of cooking in a good quality fat, fat is NOT bad for you, it's actually the preferred source of energy for your body! Your body desperately needs good quality fats to function properly. Check out my article for more info on fats. Meanwhile, Fatworks has an incredible line of animal-based cooking fats that will surely add flavor to any meal!
What are your favorite meal prep essentials? Comment below and let me know! xo