Rutabaga Leek Soup
This is my take on the classic potato leek soup but made with my favorite..rutabagas. Rutabagas are a mix between a turnip and a cabbage and are an excellent source of vitamin C, so this nourishing soup is perfect for the colder months to help boost the immune system. Rutabagas are also a good source of potassium, manganese, fiber, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and vitamin B6. Check out a few of my other recipes like Rutabaga Fries or Mashed Rutabaga and Cauliflower for more ideas on ways to cook with rutabagas!
- 3TBS Ghee
- 1 large leek, sliced
- 5 medium rutabagas, skinned and diced
- 1/2TSP Himalayan salt
- 1/2TSP Black Pepper
- 4-6C Bone Broth
- Smoked Bacon
- In a dutch oven, melt ghee and add leeks. Saute until leeks become soft and then add the rutabagas.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the broth (it should fill to about 2.5 inches from top of pot) and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer and cook until rutabagas soften.
- Once rutabagas are soft (about 45 minutes), remove from stove and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Garnish with chopped bacon and parsley.