Mediterranean Pesto Pasta
My Mediterranean Pesto Pasta is the best light and healthy summer dish! Not only is it fantastic for meal prepping and having handy throughout the week but it is perfect to bring to any summer BBQ party as it is a dish everyone will love. This seasonal recipe is made with Banza chickpea pasta, a healthy and tasteful pasta alternative that is also high in protein and fiber! However, you can make with any pasta of choice or even zucchini noodles!
A large part of my 70/30 Plan, learning how to transition to sustainable health, is meal planning because let's face it: we make our worst food decisions when we are tired, hungry, and want something to eat immediately! That is why having good quality foods readily available is the key to sustainable health. These kinds of salads are excellent to have on hand because they work well for any meal of the day or just nice to have when you need a snack. You can throw in with mixed greens for an easy salad or along side chicken or even is great as-is!
- 1C Basil Arugula Pesto
- 1 box Banza Rotini
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1/4C cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/3C kalamata olives
- 2TBS olive oil
- Prepare pesto according to instructions on my website here.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to directions on package (cooks quickly in about 10-15 min!)
- Allow pasta to cool then transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Combine pesto and pasta well, then add in peppers, onions, cucumber, tomatoes, and olives and mix.
- Top with a drizzle of oil and serve!