Chicken Noodle Soup
I normally make my chicken noodle soup without noodles but when I found Cappello's noodles made with almond flour, I thought I would try this out. I have to say, chicken noodle soup is definitely not the same without noodles! These fettuccine noodles are a fantastic replacement for a hearty bowl of chicken noodle soup.
You will want to bring everything to a boil and then toss in the noodles, remove from heat, and let sit for about a minute. The noodles are very soft and delicate and since they are made with almond flour, they take minimal time to cook. Also, I tend to like my veggies a little crunchy so I don't cook my soup too long. If you like more softer veggies, definitely feel free to cook as long as you wish!
Also, I recommend making this by first purchasing a whole chicken and making a broth and then using the chicken meat from the whole chicken in your soup. I first made a giant chicken broth where I take a whole chicken and toss it in the slow cooker for 24 hours (this time, I didn't add any fix-ins to my broth). After a few hours, I took the meat off the bone and saved for my soup then tossed the carcass back into the slow cooker.
PS: Need help making bone broth? Make sure to check out my YouTube page where I break down the process in my two-part series, first talking about how to pick the right kind of bones for the broth and second, talking about how to make the broth. If you like the videos, don't forget to subscribe to my channel and give them a thumbs up! As always, you can leave questions in the comments below :)
- 2TBS ghee or grass-fed butter
- 3-4 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2C cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 1tsp sea salt
- 1/2tsp black pepper
- 6-8C chicken bone broth or turkey bone broth
- 1 package Cappello's fettuccine noodles, chopped
- parsley for garnish
- Melt butter in pot then add coarsely chopped veggies, toss until well coated.
- Allow veggies to saute for a bit until they begin to sweat (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add chicken, sea salt and black pepper and combine well.
- Add broth and bring to a boil then let simmer for about 10 minutes to soften veggies.
- Add chopped Cappello's fettuccine noodles and mix.
- Remove from heat and let sit for a minute.
- Serve garnished with parsley.