Butternut Squash & Rutabaga Soup
I love preparing these soups because they are so easy to make and super convenient to have on hand. I use them as a base for all my meals and then just add the protein. For instance, one night I might add chorizo or the next night I add chopped bacon or even pulled pork, whatever I'm cooking up that week. Plus, these work great for traveling! They taste amazing hot or cold and are super easy to take along for any trips or pack in a lunch. They're also a great way to get your daily dose of bone broth to make sure you're always nourishing the body!
- 5C butternut squash, chopped
- 1 rutabaga, peeled and chopped
- 1 parsnip, chopped
- 1 large leek, stem chopped
- 3 Tablespoons OMGhee
- 1 TSP Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/2 TSP Black Pepper
- 6 Cups Beef Bone Broth made with 5280Meat Bones
- Heat ghee in dutch oven. Once melted, add veggies and seasoning, mix well.
- Saute until veggies begin to sweat, about 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add bone broth (should be about 2 inches from top of dutch oven) and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook for about 20 minutes until veggies soften, stirring occasionally.
- Once veggies soften, allow to cool and blend with an immersion blender (or in a Vitamix) until smooth and creamy.
- Garnish with parsley and black pepper