Better Than Apple Pie Apple Crisp
While this side dish you can absolutely use in replacement for apple pie (you won't miss the traditional pie either!), it's honestly just delicious to have on hand as a snack or mix with homemade yogurt or overnight oatmeal for breakfast. Either way, this recipe is so delicious and easy you will never get tired of making this!
- 4 Fuji apples, diced
- 1C Almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1C Coconut, coarsely chopped
- 4-5TBS Local, Raw honey
- 3TBS Grass fed butter, cubed
- 3TBS Coconut Oil
- 1TBS Cinnamon
- 1/2TSP Himalayan Salt
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- In a 9x13in baking dish, add the apples and sporadically place the cubes of butter and bits of coconut oil in between the apples.
- Cover with almonds, coconut, cinnamon and sea salt.
- Drizzle with honey and bake for about 30 minutes until apples soften.
- Stir apples mid-way through.