Beet Fennel Parsnip Soup
This may be one of my favorite soups I've made...not only is the color incredibly vibrant and gorgeous, but this soup has amazing healing properties. Beets are fantastic for clearing toxins from the liver as well as help support bile production which is essential in breaking down fats during digestion. Plus, this soup is made with bone broth so not only is it nutrient dense, but it is nourishing and healing to the gut as well! This is also a perfect soup for summer months as it tastes great cold, too!
- 5 medium beets, peeled and diced
- 1 large fennel bulb, diced
- 1 large parsnip, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 Tablespoons OMGhee
- 1 TSP Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/2 TSP Black Pepper
- 6 Cups Beef Bone Broth made with 5280Meat Bones
- Heat ghee in dutch oven. Once melted, add veggies and seasoning, mix well.
- Saute until veggies begin to sweat, about 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add bone broth (should be about 2 inches from top of dutch oven) and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook for about 20 minutes until veggies soften, stirring occasionally.
- Once veggies soften, allow to cool and blend with an immersion blender (or in a Vitamix) until smooth and creamy.
- Garnish with parsley and avocado oil.