I don't know about you, but the tiny travel packs of nut butters never work for me. They are always messy and somehow manage to get everywhere! Plus, I never feel like I actually eat any of the packet...probably because it either ended up on my shirt or somewhere other than my mouth. Well, the good news is I think I have found a solution! Introducing Macro Men. They are full of healthy macro-nutrients like fats and proteins and are absolutely perfect for meal prep and travel. I created these as I was trying to meal prep for a business trip and needed an easier way to transport and consume my nut butters. The possibilities are endless with these guys, you can try different butters, add in bits and pieces of chopped nuts, chocolate chips, dried fruits or even shaved coconut. Enjoy!
- 1/2C Coconut Oil (Or use 1/4C Coconut Oil and 1/4C MCT Oil)
- 1/2C Coconut Peanut Nuts N More
- Melt coconut oil in a mixing bowl.
- Add nut butter to coconut oil and mix until smooth. You may need to melt nut butter or make sure it is room temperature so it is easier to mix.
- Grease ramekins and carefully pour mixture into each cutout until full.
- Place ramekins on flat surface in freezer for about an hour or until firm.
- Remove ramekins from freezer and let them sit for about 10 minutes or until they begin to slightly thaw and you can easily pop them out of the containers.
- These travel well when chilled or cooled but melt and become soft in heat. Try different nuts or butters for endless variations!