Cherry Pie Crumble
Cherry season is here and it is definitely my favorite time of year. I absolutely LOVE cherries! I am so fortunate to live near Palisade, Colorado which is home to some of the finest cherries. I was lucky enough this year to get a couple orders of fresh organic cherries from Sage Creations Organic Farm which also sells the most heavenly assortments of lavender...I highly commend stopping by their farm if you are ever in the area!
Not only am I a fan of cherries, but also a fan of any recipe having to do with cherries...especially cherry pie. I am a firm believer that you absolutely do NOT have to sacrifice taste and flavor in order to be healthy. I say, you can have your pie and eat it, too! :) I love that my version of cherry pie is so healthy that you can eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert! Be sure to check out my other super simple and healthy desserts like my Better Than Apple Pie Apple Crisp and my Peach Cobbler. Hope you enjoy!
- 3-4C pitted bing cherries
- 1C almond flour
- 3TBS ghee
- 3TBS coconut oil
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1/2tsp sea salt
- 1/2C sliced almonds
- 1/3C shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Place cherries in a large skillet. Add a spoonful of ghee and coconut oil so that they are spaced about every 1/2 inch around the skillet.
- Cover with 1/2C almond flour and bake for about 12 minutes until ghee and coconut oil is melted.
- Remove from oven and stir cherries so that everything is well combined.
- In a mixing bowl, add remaining 1/2C almond flour, cinnamon and salt and mix well.
- Pour almond flour mixture over cherries until evenly coated.
- Place back in oven for another 15-20 minutes until cherries are softened.
- Remove from oven and garnish with sliced almonds and coconut.