Also known as breakfast tacos...but really, these can be eaten any time of the day. What is better than tacos and bacon? These are so light and fresh, the butter lettuce is just the perfect amount of added crispness. However, you can absolutely substitute a corn or flour tortilla for these as well! For even easier assembly, you can meal prep and saute the sweet potatoes, onions, and mushrooms just to have on hand. When you get ready to make the tacos, just scramble a few eggs and chop some back and add your potatoes...quick and easy!
- 1 Package Smoked Bacon
- 8 Farm Fresh Eggs
- 2 TBS Chicken Fat
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1 Small Red Onion
- 5 Small Mushrooms
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 TSP Sea Salt
- 1 Head Butter Lettuce
- 1 Avocado, Mashed
- Cara Cara Orange (optional), Sliced
- Preheat oven to 400*F and line a baking sheet with tinfoil. Place bacon in strips on sheet and bake for 20 minutes until cooked to liking.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, add 1 TBS fat. Once melted, add eggs and scramble.
- Dice potato, onion, mushroom, and green pepper and in a separate skillet, season veggies with sea salt and saute in fat until potatoes softened.
- Lay out pieces of butter lettuce in a plate (you can double up leaves for more support) and spoon in eggs and veggies.
- Top each taco with chopped pieces of bacon and serve with a side of mashed avocado and sliced oranges.