- Heat 1/4C chicken fat in a large dutch oven over medium heat. When melted, add onions and garlic and cook until browned.
- Add remaining 1/4C chicken fat and when melted, add salt and chicken and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent chicken from sticking to bottom of pan.
- Add pepper, turmeric, and coriander and stir until combined.
- Add broth then reduce heat to low and cook for about other 20 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and let rest.
- Add yogurt and stir until well combined.
- Fold in cilantro and serve immediately.