Sweet Potato Chili
I love making chili because there are so many variations of ingredients, the possibilities and combinations are endless! But my most favorite part of making chili are the additional recipes you can create from just one pot of chili! From this simple recipe, I also made Chili Cheese Stuffed Philly Cheese Steak Brats and Chili Stuffed Anaheim Peppers. This is a great recipe for meal prepping and making meals ahead of time to plan for the upcoming week. Remember, if you're making this chili into additional recipes throughout the week, don't forget to modify the measurements to accommodate for the other recipes.
- TBS Fatworks Leaf Lard
- 1 Package 5280 Meat Grass-Fed Beef
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 Ear fresh sweet corn, shaved
- ½ Sweet potato, finely chopped
- ½ Yellow Sweet Potato, finely chopped
- 4C Bone broth
- 1 Can Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 4-5TBS Chili powder
- 1-2TBS Cumin
- 1TBS Basil
- 1TBS Oregano
- 1TBS FlavorGod Garlic Lovers Seasoning
- 1TBS FlavorGod Himalayan Salt & Pink Peppercorn
- Melt 2TBS lard in a dutch oven and brown beef with all seasonings. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add another 2TBS of lard to dutch oven and add in garlic and onions, stir for a few minutes and add remaining corn and potatoes.
- Allow to cook until potatoes being to soften and add broth and tomatoes.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer and add back the ground beef.
- Simmer on low for 20 minutes and served garnished with garlic scpaes and chopped avocado.