Breakfast Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 1 Acorn squash, halved, seeds removed
- 1 package 5280 Meat Breakfast sausage
- ½ Fuji apple, diced
- 2 Celery sticks, diced
- 1 Small red onion, chopped
- 1/2C Cranberries
- Pinch of Himalayan Salt
- Chopped parsley
- To roast the squash, preheat oven to 325*F and cut in half and discard seeds.
- Fill a baking dish with about 1 inch of bone broth and place squash flesh-side down in dish. Bake for about 30-40 minutes until softened.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage in a skillet over medium heat until almost fully cooked.
- Add celery, apple, onion, and cranberries. Cook until cranberries just start to pop/soften.
- Remove squash from oven and fill with sausage mixture.
- Season with sea salt and serve topped with chopped parsley.