Savory Zucchini Bread Pudding
Here is a great way to use up leftover bread and it works so well as a bun for a burger, side dish, or served with any soup! Plus, it is incredibly easy to make and very versatile. Here, I used zucchini but you could use other vegetables like spinach or squash and also add different herbs...even cheese would be great, too!
- 1/2 Loaf Bread (I used Dakota from Great Harvest Bread)
- 1/2 C Cream
- 3 TBS Honey
- 1/2 TSP Sea Salt
- 1 TSP Oregano
- 1 TSP Basil
- 3 Eggs
- 2 C Grated Zucchini
- 2 TBS Omghee
- Take bread and cut into slices, buttering each side with ghee. Place onto cookie sheet and toast in oven at 350*F for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine cream, honey, salt, oregano, and eggs until well mixed. Fold in zucchini.
- Cube up bread pieces once bread is toasted and slowly add to cream mixture.
- Pour mixture into a 9" x 12" baking dish and bake for 40 minutes at 350*F.