While I use this recipe as a healthier version of the classic stuffing for Thanksgiving, I also make this year-round as it's great as a side dish to any meal or even mixed in with eggs as a breakfast skillet! I also love throwing this in with mixed greens and balsamic glaze for a savory salad. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 package Breakfast Sausage
- 2TBS Ghee
- 2C wild rice, cooked (replace water with bone broth!)
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 small rutabagas, diced
- 1 fuji apple, diced
- 1TSP Himalayan Salt
- 1/2TSP Black pepper
- 1C cranberries
- Parsley, chopped
- Thyme, chopped
- Cook wild rice according to package but replace water with broth.
- In a skillet, brown sausage in 1TBS ghee until medium cooked.
- Add another TBS of ghee and then add the celery, onion, rutabaga, apple, salt, and pepper and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add cranberries and wild rice and cook until cranberries just barely begin to pop.
- Season with chopped parsley and thyme.