Root Vegetable Medley
I love recipes that keep on giving…ones that you can use in a variety of dishes and can last throughout the week. Well, this Root Vegetable Medley is one of those dishes! I use this as a side, stuffed in a chicken breast and bakes, or mixed in with eggs for breakfast.
- 1 Rutabaga
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1 Parsnip
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 2TBS Leaf Lard
- Smoked Bacon
- Salt & Pink Peppercorn Seasoning
- Chop root veggies and onion and throw into a skillet with melted lard.
- Fry until potatoes are softened but firm.
- Meanwhile, in a separate skillet, fry up thinly sliced bacon.
- Once cooked, add bacon and bacon grease to root medley.
- Season with salt and pepper seasoning and serve garnished with parsley.