Family Style Shephards Pie
One of the hardest parts about the GAPS Diet is coming up with different recipes every day. That is why I like this recipe because not only is it easy to make, but it also yields an entire week’s work of meals! It is also great for freezing and remaking at a later date.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 2 Packages Ground Beef I use 5280 Meat.
- 1-2 TBS Garlic Lovers Seasoning. I like FlavorGod.
- 1-2 TBS Ghee My favorite is OMghee.
- 1 Cup Bone Broth Whatever you have on hand.
- 1 Bunch Parsley
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Head Cauliflower
- 4 Carrots
- 3 Squash Green/Yellow mix
- 3 Stalks Celery
- 1 Bunch Green beans
- Mix beef, seasoning, and bone broth in mixing bowl and set aside
- Chop cauliflower and garlic
- Bring 1/2 cup bone broth to boil, add the cauliflower and garlic (you may add extra water if needed but not too much, you want the consistency to be softened, not soupy)
- Once the cauliflower has softened, let it cool slightly and with a hand mixer or immersion blender, blend until smooth and set aside.
- Next melt the ghee and begin to brown the beef
- Once the meat is browned, chop and add in the vegetables. Cook until well mixed and onions are translucent
- Add the mixture into baking dish
- Add the cauliflower in small dollops to the top of the meat and vegetables, then connecting the dots together by gently spreading out the mixture with the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Smooth out the remaining cauliflower and bake at 375*F for 20 minutes or until top is slightly golden.
- Serve and enjoy!
Simply click on the images below for a step-by-step process for making Family-Style Shephards Pie.