Pumpkin Spice Soup
Happy fall y'all!! This soup is everything fall to me and is a perfect addition to your holiday table. Did you know sipping bone broth during meals helps aid in digestion while also reducing the feeling of bloating and discomfort after meals? Since this soup is made with bone broth, it makes it the perfect dish to supplement your table. Plus, I love how warm and cozy this nourishing soup tastes!
Speaking of broth, I used my favorite BrothMasters bone broth in this recipe. I love that they source their bones from local, humanely raised animals and everything is small batch and handcrafted to ensure the healthiest and most healing broths. Use code "fairygutmother" at checkout for $15 off your order of a 6-pack or more!
This soup is also part of my 70/30 Plan, where we focus on eating one meal healthy then transition towards 70 percent of the time eating healthier by meal planning for your meals throughout the week. These base soups are an excellent option for meal planning and ensuring that you have healthy foods on hand at all times. Hope you enjoy! XO
PS: Need help making bone broth? Make sure to check out my YouTube page where I break down the process in my two-part series, first talking about how to pick the right kind of bones for the broth and second, talking about how to make the broth. If you like the videos, don't forget to subscribe to my channel and give them a thumbs up! As always, you can leave questions in the comments below :)
- 2-3C pumpkin, or 2 boxes organic pumpkin
- 5 carrots, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato (or 2 medium), chopped
- 2-4tbs ghee or coconut oil
- 1tsp sea salt
- 1tsp black pepper
- 1/2tsp cinnamon
- 1/2tsp nutmeg
- 6-8C bone broth
- Heat ghee in saucepan. Once melted, add veggies, sea salt, and black pepper and toss until well coated.
- Saute veggies until they begin to sweat and lightly soften, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to boil then reduce to simmer and cook for about 20 minutes or until veggies are completely soft. You should be able to pierce the potato and carrot with a fork.
- Blend with an immersion blender or regular blender until smooth. Serve garnished with a little avocado oil, sea salt, and parsley.