This is such a delicious way to use avocado and is so versatile! Plus, it is incredibly easy to make which is always a huge bonus. I like using this as a spread on sandwiches or sauce on tacos and dressing for salads. You can even serve as a dip or add in cheese to make it more creamy. Also, try experimenting with the combinations of herbs..the possibilities are endless! I also added in a touch of MCT Oil which is a great source of healthy fats. Check out this article I wrote for more details on the benefits of MCT Oil.
- 2-4 Avocados (2 avos makes about 1/2C spread)
- 4-6 Sprigs of Herbs (I used about 3 sprigs purple basil, 3 sprigs lemon basil)
- 2-4TBS Coconut Vinegar (You can also use Apple Cider Vinegar)
- 1TBS MCT Oil
- 1TSP Lemon Zest
- 1 Farm Fresh Egg
- 1TSP Himalayn Sea Salt
- Pepper to taste
- Combine avocados, chopped herbs, coconut vinegar, MCT Oil, lemon zest, and egg in Vitamix and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste, if needed.