Garlic Scape Bacon & Swiss Burger on Sweet Potato "Bun"
Garlic scapes are the new crispy onion rings!! I love frying them and putting them on top of everything, especially burgers! They have a mild garlic flavor and when lightly fried in butter and seasoned with sea salt, they remind me so much of crispy onion rings which makes for the perfect topping to any dish.
For the burger:
- 5280meat Ground Beef
- 3TBS Coconut Aminos
- 4TBS Olive Oil
- 3TBS Balsamic Vinegar
- Couple Splashes of Hot Sauce
- 1/2TBS Flavorgod Himalayan Salt & Pink Peppercorn
- 1/2TBS Flavorgod Spicy Everything Seasoning
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 1 Egg
- Swiss Cheese
For the bun:
- 1 Sweet potato, Shredded
- 1 Egg
- 1TSP Flavorgod Himalayan Salt & Pink Peppercorn
- Combine top 9 ingredients in a bowl until well mixed, form into 4-inch burger patties.
- Fry burgers in skillet and top with cheese.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 TBS duck fat in a skillet and fry garlic scapes until crispy, season with sea salt.
- In a separate skillet, melt another TBS of duck fat and combine mixture of egg, sweet potato and sea salt in bowl.
- Form sweet potatoes into 3-4 inch patties and fry on each side until lightly golden brown
- To assemble, place patty on a place and top with burger, bacon, tomato, and garlic scapes.