Asparagus & Chorizo Egg Skillet
I love recipes that you can use for breakfast, lunch or dinner and also ones that are great to prepare and last the entire week. This Asparagus & Chorizo Egg Skillet is one of those recipes! Plus, it is great for entertaining if you are looking for a brunch idea or even a side dish.
Asparagus is always a great reminder that Spring is here but is also packed with an abundance of nutrients! In fact, a 5.3 ounce serving of asparagus yields 60% of the recommended daily allowance of folate. Asparagus is also high in Vitamin E and K, magnesium, zinc and selenium, fiber, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, iron, copper, and manganese. WOW! All the more reasons to grab a fresh bundle of asparagus next time at the store :)
- 1 package 5280 Meat Chorizo
- 1 bundle of asparagus
- 6-8 farm fresh eggs
- 2TBS Ghee or Grass-fed butter
- 1TSP Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Remove approximately 1-inch off from the stems of the asparagus.
- Melt butter in skillet and add asparagus, toss until well coated with butter and add sea salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile in a separate skillet, cook chorizo until well browned.
- Continue to sauté asparagus until soft. Add chorizo to skillet then top with farm fresh eggs.
- Place skillet in oven for about 8 minutes or until eggs cooked to desired consistency.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.